RQF Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work
We can offer bespoke training packages at your work place or alternatively you can attend on of our pre-booked courses. Click on one of the dates below to register your places.
Who will benefit from this course?
This one day course will benefit anyone that has been required by their company to become a certified first aider or for anyone who would just like to receive emergency first aid training.
It is ideal for anyone who works in an office, a library, a school, a shop and any other place of work where you are around people on a regular basis.
This course gives you the experience you need to be able to help someone that been injured or taken ill in the workplace.
Upon completion of the course you will be fully qualified to administer first aid treatment in a range of different scenarios. You will develop a broad knowledge of first aid, including how to assist your colleagues that may have conditions such as asthma, diabetes or even heart failure.
All our courses are carried out by one of our friendly approved instructors.
Your certificate will be valid for 3 years but after this time, you will have to repeat the EFAW course again to be qualified. It is also advised that yearly renewal courses are completed to stay abreast of the latest first aid developments and techniques.
What the course will include:
- The role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to identify and then administer first aid to minor wounds, such as, cuts, grazes and splinters
- The accident and incident report process
- Unconscious casualty management and treatment
- Seizure management and treatment
- The importance of preventing cross-infection
- Treatment of minor burns and scolds